Please join our brothers and sisters for a Peace Vigil in honor or Srinivas Kuchibhotla, slain last week in Kansas.
Update: See photos of the rally here.
|Date:||Sunday, March 5, 2017|
|Time:||3:30 – 5:30 p.m.|
|Location:||Crossroads Park, 16224 NE 8th St, Bellevue, WA|
We South Asians of Greater Seattle are uniting against hate. We are hosting a event called #WeBelong Peace Vigil: In honor of the Late Srinivas Kuchibhotla, who died in a hate crime in Kansas last week. Leaders, faith communities, organizations across the city will gather at Crossroads Park 16244 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, from 3:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 5th.
It is a gathering of peace, to be resilient, to persist, to speak up and most importantly to state that we belong here and we are not complacent. We can not let fear dictate us. We also want to honor our brothers and sisters who risk their lives to protect this delicate fabric of society.
Two minutes of silence will be observed around the world: in Hyderabad, London, Chicago, New York, San Fransisco, Albuquerque, and many more cities.
This event is support by a growing list of local organizations below.
- ACLU Washington
- ACT NOW – Seatle
- Washington State India Trade Relations Action Committee (WASITRAC)
- National Federation of Indian American (NFIA)
- Federation of Indian Associations
- Indo American Friendship Forum Foundation
- Indian Association of Western Washington
- Washington Telangana Association (WATA)
- Washington Telugu Association (WATS)
- The Kiran Anjali Project
- Americans for Refugees & Immigrants
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Bo M. Karlsson Foundation
- Indian American Muslim Council
- API Chaya
- One America
- Seattle Tamil Sangam
- India Arts & Heritage Society
- Sikh Center of Seattle Gurudwara
- Wing Luke Museum
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS)
- Oriyas of Greater Seattle
- Kerala Association of WA
- Jewish Family Service
- Khalsa Gurmat Center
- Sahyadri Kannada Sangha
- Shruti Seattle Music Band
- Ithna-asheri Muslim Association of the Northwest (IMAN)
- CRY Seattle